- Non Surgical
- Facial Rejuvinations
Infra-red Coagulation (IRC) Therapy
This is a special instrument, which delivers heat to destroy the tissue so it can be removed. This therapy is used to treat internal and external anal low grade squamous intra epithelial lesion(SIL) and high grade squamous intra epithelial lesions (HSIL). The procedure takes place in the office with minimal discomfort during and after the treatment.
To numb the area Lidocaine gel which is applied before the treatment. High resolution anoscopy (HRA) will be performed to locate the abnormal areas and additional local anaesthetic which numbsthe area to be treated. The IRC tip will be placed in direct contact with the abnormal area and deliver heat for 1.5 seconds. This therapy is repeated as necessary to treat all of the abnormal areas of the anus, the patient may feel some heat from the IRC, and the dead necrotic tissue would be removed . The treatment can take up to an one hour. Lesions are usually are treated in the office. If there are larger lesions then additional treatment is required.
After the Procedure
The recovery is fast, after the procedure, try to avoid lifting anything more than 20 pounds, for a week after the procedure. Try to avoid, inserting anything into the anus for about 2 weeks.Very strictly(No anal sex. No toys) .
- After the procedure there could be mild to moderate pain or discomfort which can be treated with pain medication(such as ibuprofen 600mg-8oomg) every 6-8 hours as needed for 1-3 days.
- Soaking yourself in hot water,especially after bowel movements, can decrease the pain.
- Drink a lot of fluids intake to avoid constipation which will help with minimum pain.
- There could be some bleeding discharge with bowel movements which can occur for up to 2-3 weeks
- Rare complications, which include infection and severe bleeding.
- If you are experiencing,any kind of bleeding or severe pain contact the doctor
- Follow up exam
- After the procedure,A follow-up exam is scheduled in 3 months.