- Non Surgical
- Facial Rejuvinations
An arm lift is also known as a brachioplasty, which helps you to remove, the excess skin and fat deposits, leaving the upper arms with a more pleasing and youthful contour. The skin becomes flabby and loose, as the person ages. If you wish to go for an arm lift then you need to consult with a cosmetic surgeon, if you wish to look more youthful.
The incision extends from the elbow, to the underarm, which sometimes on to the side of the chest.
The plastic surgeon, would recommend that liposuction, should be used, together with the procedure of an arm lift to remove excess fat in the upper arms. If the patient has lost weight , the skin usually loses its elasticity and sags, which extends onto the chest region. A technique of brachioplasty, or upper arm reduction surgery is recommended , which helps to reduce the skin through a scare which runs on the inner part of the upper arm, often crossing onto, the armpit.
Am I good candidate for upper arm lift?
This type of technique can be done on a variety of patients , including those who are of normal weight and those patients who have massive weight loss , and do not have any kind of medical problems, and their weight is stabilised. The presence of excess skin and fat in the upper arms , of these patients, they feel like they have bat wings , so these kind of patients are considered to be good candidates for an upper arm lift.
Arm Lift Standard Procedure Techniques
Liposuction is used, if the patient does not have excess of fat in the upper arm. The procedure of arm lift is conducted , with patients who have minimal fat, located near the arm pit, this can be improved through a scar limited to the arm pit,if patients, with excess fat underneath the arm pit, then the tissue is removed through a scar, which runs from the elbow through the arm pit and onto the side of the chest.
If you smoke , then it is recommended that you stop smoking much in advance before the surgery. Smoking can affect your ability to heal. There are certain medications, which will increase the risk of bleeding such as Aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, and also some vitamins/ like homoeopathic regimens which should be discontinued prior to arm lift surgery.
Arm Lift Benefits/Advantages/Options
- Better self image/confidence
- Reduction in upper arm excess
- Able to wear short sleeve clothing without being self consciousness
Arm Lift Risks/Complications/Patient Safety
- Unattractive scarring
- Swelling of the hands
- Seroma formation(fluid collections which can arise after surgery along the incision made)
Arm Lift Recovery Process
- Most surgeons, prefer that the arms, are elevated for a few days, above the heart, and also prefer that they wrap the arms or use a compression garments.
- Avoid Aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications for the first few days, after your arm lift surgery.
- Avoid inhaling smoke, and also if you are a smoker stop smoking, till the area heals.
- Slowly return to normal function of the arms and hands over a couple of weeks.